Your Mission. Made Possible with Chart.
Your Partner for Liquid Oxygen, Liquid Hydrogen and Liquefied Natural Gas Cryogenic Propellant Systems
Chart is a leading provider of engineered systems and equipment to the aerospace industry. We successfully supply cryogenic rocket propellant storage tanks, vacuum insulated transfer piping, high pressure pumping systems, knock-out drums, deluge systems, and much more!
Chart has been integral in achieving operational success for our customers switching from RP-1 to Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) propellant. Chart also provides on-pad storage of liquid oxidizers (LOX) and upper stage liquid propellant (LH2). Chart has designed, manufactured, tested and assembled advanced cryogenic system equipment for more than half a century. Our team works closely with each customer to ensure that systems are designed properly, function at their peak performance, and minimize risk to operators. Built for long-term integrity, Chart system components and product designs provide the highest level of performance at optimal operating costs.
Launch Site & Support Equipment
- Liquid cryogenic propellant storage, LOX, LH2, LNG
- Engine test run tanks
- Siphon vessel designs for pumping applications
- High purity cleaning to KSC-C-123J and IEST-STD-1246E
- standards – stringent particulate and non-volatile residue (NVR) levels
- Liquid conditioning systems including saturation, subcool-ing and boil off management through auxiliary liquid nitrogen recondencing systems for zero loss applications
- Large liquid withdrawal flow rates with designs to mitigate vortexing (gas ingestion into fluid stream)
- Fast vent systems to support aborted launch scenarios while maintaining safe vessel operating pressures
- Boil off free vent systems for liquid storage/stand by conditions
- Vacuum jacketed withdrawal lines and piping to minimize heat input to propellant during loadings/off loadings
- Advanced FEA analysis on blast loadings, cyclic loadings (pressure and temperature cycles), and acoustical effects
- Cryogenic shop function and proof testing with helium post tanking cold leak test capability
- Helium purge points for subcooled LOX applications
- Ambient pressure builders designed to support liquid withdrawal rates and interconnecting piping nozzle loadings
- Close tolerance customer connection points for ease of installation
- Made in the USA