Standard Cryogenic Tanks Range
Chart's standard cryogenic tank range is the industry workhorse providing efficient solutions for long-term storage and delivery of cryogenic liquids.
With thousands of installations worldwide Chart's standard cryogenic tank range provides the most efficient solution for long-term storage and delivery of liquefied nitrogen, oxygen, argon, carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide across a wide range of applications in industry, science, leisure, food, medical and more.
Designed in consultation with the world’s leading gas companies and feedback from many of our highly satisfied customers, standard tanks are available in both vertical and horizontal format and offer storage capacities between 900 to 20,000 gallons (3,400 to 80,000 liters) at maximum allowable working pressures between 175 to 500 psig (12 to 37 barg).
At the desired capacity and pressure, each Chart tank is engineered with a high-degree of standardization for cost efficient production and to keep delivery times short. A number of bolt-on modular options are available to cater for the majority of application requests.
- Perlite or Composite Super Insulation™ with Chart Vacuum Technology® - provides the best insulation systems available in the market today.
- Double jacketed construction comprising:
- Stainless steel inner vessel compatible with cryogenic liquids and optimized for low weight
- Carbon steel outer shell with integrated support and lifting system for simplified transport and installation
- Durable coating that provides maximum corrosion resistance and meets the highest environmental compliance standards
- Modular piping systems combine high performance, durability and low maintenance
- Reduced number of joints minimizes the risk of external leaks and facilitates simplified installation
- Easy access to control valves and instrumentation
- A comprehensive range of safety features designed to afford maximum protection to operators and equipment
- Dual relief valves with outlets directed away from the operating area
- Non-return valve guards the fill tanker from high-pressure back flow
- Compliance with the most stringent seismic requirements
- Compatible with a huge range of Chart components and accessories to provide the complete installation
Chart’s standard tank range is manufactured at each of our locations in North America, Europe and China. For exact specifications and to learn what’s available in each location please access our literature below, or contact us for more details:
- North America – designed in accordance with ASME – VS Series, VS-DSS, HS Series, BulkLite
- Europe – designed in accordance with EN 13458 – VT Series Performer Line, VT Series Individual Design, HT Series
- China – designed in accordance with ASME, GB-120 or AS1210 – VS Series, HS Series