Bulk Cryogenic Tanks
Complete range of bulk cryogenic storage tanks and solutions delivering proven reliability, reduced maintenance, and lowest cost of ownership for the full spectrum of liquefied gases.
- Complete range of tank sizes from 1500* to 264,000 US gallons (6,000 to 1,000,000 liters) at maximum allowable working pressures between 175 and 500 psig (12 and 37 barg)
- Horizontal and vertical configurations
- Perlite or Composite Super Insulation™ system, which ensures high thermal performance, extended hold times, low life-cycle costs and low weight for reduced operational and installation costs
- Double jacketed construction comprising:
- Stainless steel inner vessel
- Carbon steel outer shell with integrated support and lifting system for simplified transport and installation
- Durable coating that provides maximum corrosion resistance and meets environmental compliance standards
- Modular piping systems combine high performance, durability and low maintenance
- Reduced number of joints minimizes the risk of external leaks and facilitates simplified installation
- Easy access to control valves and instrumentation
- A comprehensive range of safety features afford maximum protection to operators and equipment
- Meet seismic requirements
- Engineered, manufactured and tested in accordance with all major international design codes and associated regional requirements
- Unrivalled engineering and manufacturing capacity
- World class facilities strategically located in centers of demand
- Dedicated range for carbon dioxide (CO2)
* a smaller capacity 900 US gallon (3,400 liter) capacity tank is available as standard from our European facilities and a 792 US gallon (3,000 liter) capacity tank is built in India.
Engineering and manufacturing facilities in North America, Czech Republic, China, Italy and India. All facilities provide the same high quality engineered products, service packages and accessories with single source accountability and Chart's best in class service.
Chart acquired VRV and continues to offer VRV product lines, including the Eagle range of cryogenic tanks.
Each Chart tank is engineered with a high-degree of standardization for cost efficient production and to keep delivery times short. A range of bolt-on modular options ensure that our standard tanks cater for >95% of customer requirements. Further customization available on request.
Tanks for Bulk CO2
We use the same high integrity vacuum insulation systems for our carbon dioxide storage tanks. An all-metal outer jacket eliminates insulation deterioration from water condensation that is commonly found in foam insulated tanks, especially as they age.
- Long term secure storage with reduced product losses
- Reduced energy costs
- Ultra-low heat leak eliminates the need for an additional refrigeration system in most applications
- Vertical (V) and horizontal (H) tanks available
US manufactured VSCO2 and HSCO2 Series tanks incorporate Chart's proprietary Composite Super Insulation™ system.
The European manufactured VTC, VTS and HTC Series tanks are perlite insulated and built in accordance with EN 13458 and conform to directive 2014/68/EU.
Specialty Cryogenic Tanks (Siphon and ChillZilla®)
Siphon 100® and Siphon Zero offer increased efficiencies and zero losses by utilizing 100% of the liquid content. They are the benchmark standard for filling high pressure cylinders, liquid cylinders and mobile equipment at industrial gas plants.
The Siphon series combines two revolutionary technologies in cryogenic bulk tank design:
- Improved 'thermal-siphoning' system reduces and efficiently reprocesses the heat from pumping
- Composite Super Insulation™ is 30 to 70% more efficient than perlite in reducing the effects of heat transfer from the atmosphere
Siphon Zero® bulk storage system is built on the same platform as the Siphon 100 but also incorporates a heat exchanger in the inner vessel gas space. Liquid nitrogen is passed through the heat exchanger to control the tank pressure and prevent gas losses, regardless of usage patterns.
Siphon Zero is especially suited to argon and ultra high purity oxygen filling plants.
Click here to access the Siphon 100 specification sheet
Click here to access the Siphon Zero specification sheet
ChillZilla® Bulk Liquid Nitrogen Supply System is engineered to provide consistent liquid nitrogen for optimum equipment performance. The ChillZilla system incorporates an insulation baffle to inhibit the mixing of fresh liquid from a trailer load delivery with the liquid supply to the freezer for better liquid supply stability during the refill. Ideally suited for Individually Quick Frozen (IQF), immersion freezers and cryobiological storage freezers, the ChillZilla LN2 system features a Dynamic Pressure Builder™ for precise saturated liquid supply to the freezer regardless of the LN2 liquid level.
The ChillZilla® bulk CO2 Liquid Supply System for food freezing and dry ice production increases the refrigeration capacity of the liquid CO2 by as much as 24% over traditional bulk tanks. The ChillZilla System incorporates a patent pending design to lower the saturation pressure of the liquid output without reducing the delivery pressure. With the aid of an external refrigeration system, an internal heat exchanger coil and an insulating baffle, the temperature of the liquid CO2 is effectively reduced. This system subcools the saturated liquid CO2 from 300 psig to 120 psig while the electric pressure builder maintains the high tank vapor pressure necessary for consistent CO2 delivery to the application. The result is an increase in refrigeration capacity in the liquid or an improved snow yield from 41 to 51%.
Find out how much you could save by switching to a Chart ChillZilla liquid carbon dioxide supply system with our ChillZilla Calculator.
Options and Accessories
Optmize your liquid storage and gas delivery system:
- Vaporizers - complete range of vaporizers including the Thermax brand
- Vacuum Insulated Pipe - Chart VIP delivers superior thermal efficiency over traditionally insulated pipe options. Choose from Python® VIP that uses pre-engineered modules for reduced cost and schedule, or Engineered to Order VIP for a fully customized solution
- OnSite™ Telemetry System - integrated telemetry solution that provides distributors with remote access to levels, pressures and other system information at customer locations via internet. Centralized reports, information management tools and fleet routing and scheduling software further streamline operations
- Tank-Tel® Liquid Level Gauge - digital, hands-free monitoring solution
Are You Considering Leasing?
To find out more about our flexible leasing options available through Cryo-Lease please contact our team at Cryo-Lease@ChartIndustries.com
Interested In Refurbished Tanks?
View Our Inventory Online
Need Help Sizing Your Tank?
Download our free mobile phone app for your iOS and Android devices.
Click the link to find out more about Chart's bulk storage solutions across a range of industries.