Small-Scale LNG Liquefaction
To download and print this case study click here.
Dedicated LNG production facility open for business 24/7 throughout the year. Principally committed to providing LNG as an alternative fuel to diesel for high-horsepower engines operating in the oilfield; the plant also offers high quality LNG for growing local merchant use.
Chart was requested to provide the complete production plant package including liquefaction, storage and loading.
- Chart C100N standard LNG plant
- Natural gas liquefaction capacity of 100,000 gallons per day (165 tons per day)
- Chart scope includes proprietary nitrogen cycle process technology, pre-treatment, plate fin heat exchangers, cold box, air cooled heat exchangers, storage tanks and load-out facility
- Standardized ‘off-the-shelf’ designs built at multiple U.S. Chart manufacturing facilities
- Maximized shop fabrication, minimized field construction
- Simple plant operation
- Two truck loading racks that can load two transport trailers simultaneously in less than an hour
- Complete integrated control system allows for remote monitoring of LNG production, storage and flow on the site
- Energy efficient turndown and restart capabilities on production, allowing for market flexibility
- Configured to incorporate second production train for planned future expansion
Location – George West, Texas
Scope of Project:
- Liquefaction of pipeline gas providing fuel for high-horsepower engines used in the oilfield and in the regional transportation and industrial sectors
- Strategically located in the Eagle Ford Shale
- Plant started up in March 2015