Ambient Air Vaporizers
SuperGap™ high performance ambient vaporizers provide zero cost heating for a huge variety of liquid gases and cryogens.
Supergap™ ambient vaporizers use the natural convection of air to vaporize liquefied gases. Finned aluminum tubes absorb heat from the air and transfer it to the product gas. A combination of proprietary fin tube profiles maximize heat transfer performance and optimize run times.
Ambient air vaporizers can be matched to any application for the vaporization of nitrogen, oxygen, argon, CO2, LNG, ammonia, chlorine, ethylene and many other cryogens and liquefied gases.
- Available according to all international pressure vessel codes and certifications including ASME, CRN and PED
- Manufacturing locations in US, Europe and Asia
- Flow rates up to 200,000 SCFH
- Fully engineered and tested to withstand the demanding thermal cycling and ice loads, including uneven frost build up, generated through long term use
- Withstand 100mph (160kph) winds and zone 4 seismic forces
- Industry's highest enhanced internal multi-fin heat transfer area
- Perimeter frame and legs for unrestricted airflow
Huge range of optional features, including:
- Stainless steel, Monel and other alloy liners available for high pressure and/or corrosive service
- Design pressures >15,000 psig
- Electropolished 316 LSS internals for ultra-pure applications
Summary of available model types:
Natural Draft Vaporizers - provide additional benefits of zero maintenance and zero impact on the environment.
Fan Ambient Vaporizers - electrically powered fan(s) mounted on top of the unit force air down a duct to increase heat transfer, which reduces the overall plot plan required. Controls include a motor starter and an auto-start thermoswitch. Dual defrostable units are available for continuous operation. Standard units are available to a 1 hr peak flow of 250,000 SCFH.
Fan Air Disposal Vaporizers - used to exhaust vaporized cryogens into the atmosphere. A stream of air is generated by a fan and propelled upward through an aluminum duct. Liquid cryogen is injected into the air stream causing evaporation and mixing with the warmer air. A motor starter and autostart controls are included as standard. Standard units are available up to 50,000 lbs/hr.
Mobile Units - trailer mounted solutions for emergency/temporary deployment situations.